Advertisements
Latest Updates

Burna Boy is being invited by the police for questioning. 

Damini Ogulu, better known as Burna Boy, after being accused of being a part of an armed robbery attack on his Mr 2Kay, has been invited by the police for questioning.

The singer reportedly honoured the invitation which was issued today, Monday November 20, 2017. As earlier reported, on October 22, 2017, Mr.

2kay was robbed and assaulted » in his hotel room, 847 at the Eko Hotel and Suites after the Buckwyld ‘n’ Breathless concert where he also performed.

According to him, four heavily armed men robbed him of his valuables, including a gold wristwatch, jewellery, and expensive phones.

The Cable reports that the Lagos State Police Commissioner, Edgal Imohimi, asked Burna Boy to report to the police station for questioning over the incident on Monday, November 20.

“Four armed robbers carried out the attack and detectives were able to arrest one of their girlfriends who is identified as ‘Matejero’ which led to the capture of the others,” he said.

According to the reports, the robbers who have been apprehended by the police reportedly disclosed that they had been hired by Burnaby Boy, through his manager, Joel Kantiock, who was arrested in Zaria, Kaduna state.

The robbers also revealed that they had received a part payment of N50,000 from Burnaby Boy before the job, and were to receive another N50,000 upon the completion of the job. 

The Cable reports that when reached, his manager said: “Burna Boy wasn’t arrested or picked up”. She added that they would be releasing an official statement on the issue soon.

Buki HQ, the public relations company representing the artiste, told TheCable Lifestyle that the singer was invited “nicely” by the police.

“Yes he was invited, but very nicely. There was a letter to that effect, no questioning, no arrest,” Buki HQ told TheCable Lifestyle.

You would recall that his manager earlier today, revealed that Burna Boy has visited the Lagos police command as requested .

According to the singer’s publicist, Burna Boy was never declared wanted by the police authorities at any time. 

“Burnaboy was invited to the Lagos state police command which he has honored. The invitation came today in the early hours of this morning. He was never arrested. When they invite you to the station, you are sitting down in an office and you are not under any arrest or any of those things and he wasn’t declared wanted either,” she explained.

When asked if he was told to visit the station again, Bukky said he wasn’t asked to return. It would be recalled that earlier in the day, Linda Ikeji had reported that Joel , said to be Burnaboy’s road manager, was the last person to leave Mr 2Kay’s hotel room.

Advertisements
About Seunspiration (232 Articles)
Ibe, Ikechukwu (CIIS) is a prolific motivational writer and entertainment journo whose interest is tied to the world of entertainment. Contact at Seunspiration@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: